Veterans deserve holiday, and more peace

USA -- Veterans are remembered today in America, and they should be. Many have died or been maimed for many reasons, sometimes more worthy, sometimes as pawns for politicians.

My grandpa and dad are veterans, but not me. I feel fortunate. Wonder if my kid will be as lucky?

Many veterans had little or no choice, either drafted by the government, or pushed toward the military for economic reasons.

Other veterans joined willingly, and I respect that.

The Iraq war is creating a whole new generation of damaged and dead veterans, and a whole lot more dead civilians, but for what gain? Not much worth it in my eyes.

If you support veterans, support bringing them home safe now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am just curious..... How do your Dad and grandfather feel about this war. Being vetrans themselves, I am sure they would have a real good prespective on this.

Popular Posts