Saving desert tortoise topic of science conference

TUCSON -- It's all things tortoise at the Desert Tortoise Symposium downtown Friday -- Sunday at the Hotel Arizona.

The desert tortoise is in big trouble from urban sprawl, off-road vehicles, livestock, and disease. It'll take all our efforts to respect the desert and save the tortoise for future generations.

Tucson and the tortoise are lucky to be hosting such a talented and dedicated group of scientists, activists, and managers this weekend.

The symposium is open to the public so come check it out.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I hope there is help for them. I love turtles of all kinds.
Anonymous said…
Tortoises aren't turtles. Sigh...
Anonymous said…
whatever dude......... theyre fucking reptiles, and important... all of them.
Anonymous said…
But they can't swim away like turtles.
Anonymous said…
What??? Sea turtles can swim.... however, boxer turtles would rather not. Where as, paint turtles love the water, as do snapper turtles. Not once have I ever heard one of these refered to as Tortoises. My point is this ...I dig them all, and do everything I can to help.( I brake for turtles. ) Does it help that you critisize what I call them? Does it really matter how I refer to them? Talk about ( sigh.......)
Anonymous said…
It's quite alright. I never claimed to be an expert on the subject. Just wanted you all to know that I care. I was just annoyed that someone would pick pick at how I went about caring is all.
Anonymous said…
So your heart is in the right place, even if you can't stand being corrected.
Anonymous said…
turtle. turrrrrtleee. turtle angry. bob dole smash turtle

Popular Posts