Considering AZ State House 08, not TUS Mayor 07

Wall Street Journal

TUCSON -- Since mid-March I've been carefully considering a run for Tucson Mayor. Today, I've made a tough but wise decision not to run this year. I wanted to decide soon so other dems considering could step up quick if they want to.

Also today, I announce my interest in perhaps running as Democrat for the Arizona State House LD 29 seat Linda Lopez is termed out of next year.

I deeply appreciate all the support from my family and many people.

The biggest reason for my Mayor decision is the short election calendar remaining after the Leal decision not to run. I understand and respect Leal's decision, but the limited time frame is a very big obstacle, in my view.

Although I disagree with Mayor Walkup on some issues, I offer him my respect and willingness to work together to improve quality of life in Tucson.

I will continue to serve the public-interest as a City Planning Commissioner, Neighborhood President and maybe in the future at the State Capitol.

The Patterson for State House exploratory website is up at danielpatterson.net

Thank you.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hey Daniel,
this isn't for the comments, but The Border Report is back in action

Popular Posts