My good day inside the Arizona legislature

AZ's Capitol City from South Mtn.

PHOENIX -- I was at the State Capitol all Wednesday as part of considering a run for Arizona State House (LD29) next year.

Big thanks to Rep. Linda Lopez (D-Tucson), House Democratic leader Rep. Phil Lopes (D-Tucson), Rep. Tom Prezelski (D-Tucson) and others for graciously showing me around the House of Representatives.

Gracias also to Sen. Vic Soltero (D-South Tucson) for introducing me on the Senate floor.

The professionalism and respect I saw within the House, especially on the Dem side, was refreshing and encouraging. It would be an honor to boost Arizona by serving in our important legislature to help quality of life and the public-interest.

Growth and transportation will be even bigger issues for Arizona in the future, especially in the Phoenix-Tucson corridor; Tony Davis has an important article on it today.

Sitting on the House floor during full session, I could see most of our lawmakers work hard and deserve respect, even if we don't agree with them on every issue.

Popular Posts