WASHINGTON -- Researchers recently completed a new joint report called, "The Progressive Majority: Why a Conservative America is a Myth."
The report uses non-partisan polling data gathered over the course of 20 years to show that conventional wisdom that Americans are overwhelmingly conservative is simply wrong.
This important report backs the truth that America – regardless of how the corporate media portrays it – is a liberal nation that is getting more liberal, including here in Arizona.
One example of public views, the outrage of me many in Arizona over the Bush/Cheney favor to keep Scooter Libby out of prison -- a sorry sucker decision and disgrace to justice. The lame duck Bush goes lower than low, in to limbo.
ARIZONA SPECIFIC VIEWS:
- “Providing health insurance for people who do not already have it—should the federal government spend more on it, the same as now, less, or no money at all?”
- Percent answering “More”: Arizona 68%
- The federal government helping to pay for health insurance for all children—do you favor or oppose this?
- Percent answering “favor”: Arizona 78%
- “The federal government helping employers pay the cost of their workers’ health insurance—do you favor or oppose this?”
- Percent answering “favor”: Arizona 71%
- “Providing financial assistance to public elementary and secondary schools—should the federal government spend more on it, the same as now, less, or no money at all?”
- Percent answering “more”: Arizona 71%
- “The federal government trying to reduce the income differences between rich and poor Americans—do you favor or oppose the federal government doing this?”
- Percent favoring: Arizona 53%
- “The federal government banning all abortions—do you favor or oppose the federal government doing this?”
- Percent opposed: Arizona 68%
- “Would you favor or oppose an amendment to the U.S. Constitution saying that no state can allow two men to marry each other or two women to marry each other?”
- Favor: 37% Oppose: 53%
- U.S. News & World Report: "Progressives Claim Electoral Advantage"
- USA Today - On Politics: "Liberal analysis: Conservative America is a myth"
- Atlanta Journal-Constitution: "Media play to worst instincts"
- Scripps Howard Foundation Wire: "Politically, Americans, Talks Right, Leans Left, Study Finds"