Remember Robert Hooker, civil rights champion

Robert Hooker, R.I.P.

TUCSON -- Robert Hooker, Pima County Public Defender, was killed this week by morons racing on public streets.

Hooker was a true champion for the persecuted in our society and the most at-risk. He was committed to fighting against government abuses of civil and personal rights. I was proud to know him.

There will be a public memorial service for Robert Hooker on Monday, 11:30am at the TCC Music Hall downtown.

May Mr. Hooker rest in peace, and continue to inspire us all to fight for real justice.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I lived in the same neighborhood with Robert Hooker when we were kids in elementary school and High school in Yuba city, Ca. I have been trying to find his obituary on the internet with no success. If you know where I can find one, or if you could copy and paste one, if you have it. I would appreciate it.
Thank you
Dianne Heryford
tijuana@jps.net

Popular Posts