May Day labor dignity in S. AZ; political leadership

Unite!

TUCSON -- I and thousands celebrated May Day with positive force yesterday on the south side and downtown at the Reclaiming Our Rights! rally.

A large group of over 1200 people marched up 6th Avenue and celebrated at Armory Park to call for better treatment of workers and immigrants. Most in the crowd were young students, which was great to see. It gave me a lot of hope for the growing progressive political future of Arizona. My State Rep campaign talked with people in the crowd and had a lot of support.

On another front, check out Tim Vanderpool's article in the Tucson Weekly about off-road vehicle rider recklessness, hunting and fishing and the Rangers for Responsible Recreation, a law enforcement-focused group I direct.

Finally, this weekend is my Congressman Raul Grijalva's grand opening of his campaign HQ. I'd be there but I must be in Phoenix at that time finishing my Center for Progressive Leadership Arizona Political Leaders Fellowship. My wife and daughter will be there to represent the family and my campaign.

Comments

Popular Posts