Conservative but likable AZ Sen. Jake Flake dies

Franklin 'Jake' Flake, 1935-2008

TUCSON -- Jake Flake, Arizona State Senator from Snowflake, died Sunday at age 72.

Mr. Flake was a very conservative Republican rancher. As a progressive Democrat, I didn't agree with him much, but whenever we talked about environment, agriculture, water and natural resources issues facing Arizona, I always appreciated his experience, viewpoint and attitude.

I liked that Jake was the type of man who could usually disagree without being disagreeable.

My respect and condolences go out to Mr. Flake's family and friends.

Comments

Unknown said…
Since you are a liberal Democrat, I would definitely not agree with you about anything but your opinion of Jake Flake. I hope you are half as likable, so I have some hope for you.

Popular Posts