Obama wise to follow JFK with stadium speech

Obama's huge stadium speech will be a hit

DENVER -- Sen. Barack Obama made a good call this week with his decision to make the Democratic nomination speech in front of 76,000 people at Denver's mile high football stadium.

The last Presidential nominee speech at a stadium in front of such a big crowd was in 1960 by John F. Kennedy at the Los Angeles Coliseum.

It worked for JFK, and it will work for Obama.

Having this historic event at the stadium will allow as many people as possible to be there, which is good for democracy, Obama and the Democrats.

I have many friends in Denver and I'd like to be there, but I'll be in Tucson focused on winning the primary election in my race for State House in Arizona LD29.

Watching at home with my family, we'll likely see and hear Obama better than we could from the 40 yard line.

Comments

Popular Posts