A special sixth birthday for our daughter Ruby

We love Ruby

by Jeneiene Schaffer

TUCSON -- Our little girl Ruby turned six today. We celebrated by having a nice lunch at Sushi Garden and then a really fun party at Skate Country. I've always enjoyed living in Tucson since I moved here eleven years ago. But raising a child here makes me even more aware of the pleasures and challenges that face parents. Every year Ruby and I have a ritual. The day before her birthday we go through the toys she no longer plays with and we give them to charity. Usually Casa de los Ninos. Even on a low non-profit salary, we still have more than most children in our neighborhood. And, we are careful and kind to remind Ruby to remember those who are less fortunate.

No other joy in my life has even come close in comparison with the joy my daughter gives me everyday. I am thankful to that higher spirit for bringing her into my life. It is a serious thing being a responsible parent, but as she grows so do I, in so many ways that I never thought possible.

Happy Birthday, little boo!

Comments

Anonymous said…
It is really great to hear that you are enjoying your child as much as you do. Being a responsible parent shows that you can be a great leader since leadership begins at home. You may want to ask your opponent where he stands on issues of family and children. I would highly interested to hear his comments on this issue.

Popular Posts