Pima labor kicks off Arizona election campaign 08

Economic justice for working people. The time for change is now!

TUCSON -- As an endorsed candidate in district 29, I was honored to be invited to speak tonight to a strong and spirited group of Arizona labor leaders, at the Pima Area Labor Federation's 2008 election kickoff event at the IBEW hall located in LD29.

When I am in the house of labor, I am in the house of friends.

Joining me were Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords, State House Democratic leader Phil Lopes, Rep. Steve Farley, State Senators Paula Aboud and Jorge Garcia, and others.

As part of my popular speech, I outlined an aggressive plan to go on the offense at the State Capitol for economic justice for all Arizonans. Changing the majority in the House to the Democrats will help this strategy, and there is a great chance it will happen in November.

I am very thankful to have earned the backing of Arizona's labor groups representing union workers, teachers and nurses. I've always been a friend to labor and economic fairness, and will continue to be in the Legislature.

Comments

Popular Posts