Solar panel factory to open on south side in LD29

I support green energy to help our economy and environment

TUCSON -- In an encouraging sign for Arizona's economy and energy future, Germany's Solon AG will open a solar panel manufacturing factory in October on south Country Club Road in district 29.

This factory will offer hundreds of good paying 'green collar' jobs in 2009.

My family and I produce solar power on the rooftop of our south downtown home, and I'm proud to have the endorsement of the Sierra Club-Grand Canyon Chapter.

Comments

Anonymous said…
This is a good deal for the home owner, but do watch out for the Sierra Club. Their director, Carl Pope supports the mass scraping of large undeveloped acreage of the Sonoran and Mojave Deserts so industrial solar factories can save the world from climatre change. I support roof top and using vacent areas in urban areas, but I do not support the Sierra Club's willingness to sacrifice the last of our deserts so people like T-Boone Pickens can make another billion. Desert plants are masters at storing carbon. scraping up thousands of acres of CAM plants will just make our climate hotter. The Sierra Club is now more of a "green" energy group than an environmental group.
I favor rooftop solar, and support carefully sited solar plants on already disturbed private lands as a second alternative.

We are endorsed by Sierra Club's Grand Canyon Chapter (state of AZ), not the national office or Carl Pope.

I believe the Sierra Club in AZ shares our concerns about proper solar energy development.

Popular Posts