Welcome to AZ, Mr. President. It's getting warmer.

Obama at the Arizona memorial in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.

UPDATE, 2/18, 2:15pm: I was lucky and got to sit in the second row right in front. At the end, I met the President and shook hands. I thanked him and told him we'd love to have him visit Tucson. Obama looked at me and said, "I'd love to visit Tucson." We'll see.

EXCLUSIVE PHOTO

OTHER COVERAGE including me and HB2601: Huffington Post; ASU WebDevil

PHOENIX -- I welcome President Barack Obama to Arizona, and I appreciate his focus on foreclosure relief to our families and economy. I'll be there to help greet the President, and invite him to Tucson if I get a chance.

I am proud to be helping lead the way in AZ for foreclosure relief with HB2601, along with other state leaders and bills. House Dems will discuss our foreclosure relief package with Arizonans this Thurs. 11am at the Capitol rose garden.

I thank UA scientist Dr. Jonathan Overpeck for testifying today in the House about global warming pollution and related climate change, which threatens to make Arizona and the southwest hotter and drier, straining our water, energy and quality of life.

For the facts, visit southwestclimatechange.org

Comments

Popular Posts