A SuperBowl pick from Las Vegas, game & candidate ads, Kaepernick

LAS VEGAS -- Super Sunday, or something like that. Super for football, or super for over-consumption?

First, the game in Miami, a city that water is reclaiming. I'm a Chiefs fan so I'm cheering for KC. I worked for the Kansas City Chiefs in 1988 at the team's training camp. But the sports fan in me sees the SF 49ers to win with defense; under 55. So if you're a gambler, make your bets.

Now, the hype. It'll be super for people partying in Las Vegas, Reno and across Nevada. Avoid the strip to avoid the rat-race and paying way too much for everything. Avoid driving, drunks and busts.

How many Presidential candidates will show ads in Nevada during the game? Bloomberg and Trump for sure, as reported. They are spending at least $11M. Maybe also Bernie Sanders will have an ad? Or Biden? Warren? If it was my campaign, not sure I'd waste millions on a Super Bowl ad.

Finally, let's respect Colin Kaepernick, activist, former 49er QB, and U of Nevada Wolfpack alumni.

Comments

Popular Posts