Rep. Patterson statement to LD29 constituents

AZ LD29: Tucson's downtown, south and southeast sides.

TUCSON -- Below is my statement to a gathering of district 29 Democrats today in the southeast part of the city.

Friends -- Thank you for supporting my clean campaign to serve as your State Representative at the Capitol in Phoenix. My family and I appreciate and value your support.

Thank you also for being here today and stepping up to make the district 29 Democrats even stronger. I am pleased to support Laura Elias de la Torre as our new chairwoman, and I have confidence she will take us to new heights.

I'll be working hard at the Capitol to represent you on two important and influential House committees: Water and Energy, and Military Affairs and Public Safety. I'm also grateful to be working as a part of the district 29 team. We plan to hold town hall style meetings periodically in the district to listen to people, focus on solutions and report on happenings at the Capitol, and I hope to see you there.

As a new Representative, I will start by listening, building relationships and earning respect to be the most effective legislator possible. Considering Arizona's budget problems, a more conservative Republican majority, and the change in the Governor's office, this will likely be a tough year for issues Arizonans care about, such as education, economic justice, health care, equal rights and the environment. But the House Democrats plan to be organized and use wise strategies to be an effective force for the public interest, and we'll need you to be loud if the Republicans get out of line.

I am honored and humbled to serve as your State Representative. I will work hard every day in a relentless pursuit of the common good, to solve problems, help people and build bridges for positive change. I ask you to please keep in touch, visit me at the Capitol and follow my political blog, Daniel's News & Views, at dpatterson.blogspot.com

Thank you again for making the LD29 Democrats stronger, and let's start organizing now to win a legislative majority and the Governor's office for the Democrats in 2010. Working together, we will continue to make Arizona a better place for everyone.

Thank you,
Representative Daniel Patterson
(D-LD29-Tucson)

dpatterson(at)azleg.gov (starting Jan 12)
602.926.5342 Capitol office
520.398.6000 Tucson Legislative office

Comments

Popular Posts